Eclipse: Loss of window focus with Sun-style mouse

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
amix

Eclipse: Loss of window focus with Sun-style mouse

Post by amix »

When window-activation is set to "automatically activate window under mouse-pointer" (AKA: Sun-Mouse, X-Mouse), then there is a very quick loss of the editor window focus, as soon a pop-up (hover) message occurs in the editor. This means, that often the editor is becoming inactive just right after a hover-message occured. I need to click into the window to activate it again. Do you see any way to change this ?
Andreas
amix

Post by amix »

P.S.: This is especially annoying, since it takes a little time, till all views have reacted to the renewal of activation of a window.

However, the problem described above does not happen continuosly. It sometimes happens, sometimes not. Difficult to reproduce.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Andreas,

Does it happen only for the editors contributed by the <oXygen/> plugin ? Also if you can find a sequence for reproducing the lost focus please let us know. I cannot reproduce it on Suse Linux with KDE 3.5. We understand that it is annoying to be forced to click in the editor after a hover (tooltip) message is displayed and removed automatically but such a sequence helps us to fix the problem. What is the name and version of your platform and in case of Linux what is your window manager ?

Thank you,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

This is WindowsXP Pro SP2. You can activate Sun-Mouse via Registry. I used TweakUI, but X-Setup can activate it also. This is simple activate window on hover, no window to front stuff set.

I will come back, as soon as I can describe a sequence.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I don't find in X-Setup Pro 8.1 how I can set the windows to activate on hover. I looked in the sections Appearance, System, Program Options but it is not there. How do I set it using TweakUI?

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

sorin wrote:Hello,

I don't find in X-Setup Pro 8.1 how I can set the windows to activate on hover.
You may need to install the plugin (though, it should come installed with the default distribution. If not do an update of the plugins (is in the menu or in the preferences) and it will get fetched from their server). There is a search-input at the top of the X-Setup window, where you can put in what you search for. 'X-Mouse' will do it.

But you don't need to, I just checked it myself and it is here:

Hardware -> Mouse -> X-Mouse -> X-Mouse Options
II looked in the sections Appearance, System, Program Options but it is not there. How do I set it using TweakUI?
At the left there is the tree with the options. There you will see 'Mouse' Just open it and you will find 'X-Mouse'.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Re: Eclipse: Loss of window focus with Sun-style mouse

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
amix wrote:often the editor is becoming inactive just right after a hover-message occured. I need to click into the window to activate it again.
amix wrote:It sometimes happens, sometimes not. Difficult to reproduce.
I tried with X-Mouse activated but I could not reproduce. What are the hover messages for which the focus is lost on your computer and in what context do they appear ? If you can find a context to reproduce the problem regularly please let us know.

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Re: Eclipse: Loss of window focus with Sun-style mouse

Post by amix »

sorin wrote:Hello,
If you can find a context to reproduce the problem regularly please let us know.
I will.
Andreas