Eclipse: XSLT Input-View Double-Klick for SourceJump

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
amix

Eclipse: XSLT Input-View Double-Klick for SourceJump

Post by amix »

It would be nice to have oXygen open the according XML source, that is being displayed in the XSLT-Input view when I double-click at a node, and jump to the right location. Thanks for reading.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The XSLT Input view displays only the structure of the input XML document. A node N of the tree can represent more than one element N in the input XML document so a double click on node N of the tree does not know what element you need to highlight in the XML document. Do you really need to select a specific element N in the XML document when you develop the XSLT stylesheet?

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

I do not really have to. But it makes things more comfortable. Imagine a case, where you have a node in the source XML with a lot of attributes, that is deeply nested (I work on ODF).

It is very important to have a good look at the source when creating the xslt, I need to do it often. It would just have been the ideal way, however, I realize, that the XSLT-Input is a bit different (I was very tired in the night, when I wrote this, so it slipped out of my mind too quick). Should I find some specific reaosns, why I'd want this, I will post to this thread. I do not remember what it was yesterday, when I tried it.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

amix wrote:Imagine a case, where you have a node in the source XML with a lot of attributes, that is deeply nested (I work on ODF).
All the attributes are displayed for that node in the XSLT Input view. But the relation { nodes of the XSLT Input tree - elements of the XML input source } is not 1:1 because one node may correspond to many elements with the same XPath expression (for example the node /a/b/c corresponds to elements /a[1]/b[1]/c[1], /a[1]/b[1]/c[2], etc). So going to an element of the XML input on a double click on a XSLT Input tree node is ambiguous.

Regards,
Sorin