Settings not picked up between oXygen versions

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Stacey

Settings not picked up between oXygen versions

Post by Stacey »

Hihi:

I assume this is how it's supposed to work, but I'm really curious as to why.

I currently have 23.1 and 24 installed on my machine. We had transformation issues for a bit (we seem to have worked through them), so it made sense to have both versions on the system. I flip back and forth randomly (whatever icon works).

In the mean time (since we installed 24), I've created a couple of "otherprops" profile conditions (I believe in 23.1). When I opened the documents in 24 (I think), those profiling conditions weren't there. I didn't get a message to add them (I think I have with previous versions of oXygen in the past), but I was able to add them manually (no issues; the colours are just slightly different from what they are in the other oXygen version). Likewise, when I created a new Transformation scenario in one version of oXygen, I wasn't able to see it in the other version.

Thoughts?
Radu

Re: Settings not picked up between oXygen versions

Post by Radu »

Hi Stacey,

When a fresh Oxygen 24.0 is installed and it's started for the first time, it imports the settings from the previous version of Oxygen (Oxygen 23.1 in this case). This setting import is done only once, the first time Oxygen 24.0 starts.
Afterwards Oxygen 24.0 and 23.1 have different global settings saved in different setting preferences files, so if you are using two installations side by side settings changed in one no longer influence the other.
Most Preference pages in Oxygen have a "Project Options" switch at the botton, meaning they get saved in the project ".xpr" file which is currently opened in the Oxygen Project view.
The same for transformation scenarios, you can create and save them either global or project options.

If you create your own "project.xpr" for your project, save settings at project level in Oxygen 23 and then open the same "project.xpr" in Oxygen 24 you will get the same settings in Oxygen 24.
So the project.xpr will end up keeping all your settings, you can share it also with others as well or save it along with the XML content you are editing.
For example the Oxygen user's guide is stored on a Github repository:
https://github.com/oxygenxml/userguide

and it has an xpr project folder:
https://github.com/oxygenxml/userguide/ ... rguide.xpr

Whenever I work on the userguide I open the userguide.xpr in Oxygen and get all the settings associated to the project configuration file.

Also maybe it's cleaner to uninstall 23.1 if 24.0 no longer has any issues running your transformations.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Stacey

Re: Settings not picked up between oXygen versions

Post by Stacey »

Hi Radu:

Thank you for the information!

Unfortunately, we are still having transformation issues with 24. The current issue is just weird. When we upload to our hosting site (WordPress) and review the output there, the breadcrumbs are in the wrong place (overlapping site text) and have a strikethrough line. Using the same transformation scenario in oXygen 23.1 does not cause the issue.
Any thoughts are appreciated.
strikethrough.jpg
strikethrough.jpg (6.44 KiB) Viewed 673 times