Printing highlighted element of schema diagram

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rrliu

Printing highlighted element of schema diagram

Post by rrliu »

Running Oxygen 7.2 on a Mac PowerBook G4, OS X 10.4.7. When I can't print just an excerpt of a schema diagram. I understand that I can right-click an element and have just that printed, but Oxygen seems to print just what's visible in the viewing window, and then not all of that either. I want to print the highlighted element and whatever descendants (incl. attributes) are visible in the diagram, not just in the viewing window.

Thanks,
Richard
medconsulting

Re: Printing highlighted element of schema diagram

Post by medconsulting »

rrliu wrote:Running Oxygen 7.2 on a Mac PowerBook G4, OS X 10.4.7. When I can't print just an excerpt of a schema diagram. I understand that I can right-click an element and have just that printed, but Oxygen seems to print just what's visible in the viewing window, and then not all of that either. I want to print the highlighted element and whatever descendants (incl. attributes) are visible in the diagram, not just in the viewing window.

Thanks,
Richard
Same problem on my G5 Dual 1GHz, 1GB, OS X 10.3.9 !!! Sometimes it prints all, but most of the time it's cut off at the right. Weird
Andreasjavascript:emoticon(':evil:')
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If the current form of the element currently selected in the schema (child elements of the selected element are expanded or not, type definitions are expanded or not) is larger than one page of paper this current form is split on more pages before printing. The inner edges of the printed page X, that is edges where the page with number X is joined with other pages are annotated with the text Continue on page Y where Y is the number of the page with an edge that must be joined with page X. That edge of page Y also contains the text Continue on page X. I just tested this in <oXygen/> 7.2 build 2006062111 on an iMac with OS X 10.4.7 and the pages join together correctly if I follow the Continue on page X indications. It does not matter that the Full Model View or the Logical Model View of the schema diagram where I apply the Print Selection action does not contain the whole selected element with all descendants in the visible area and I must scroll the view to see all of them. What is the result of the Print Selection action on your computer ? Do you get only one printed page and this page does not have Continue on page X markers on the edges where the schema fragment is cut off ?

Regards,
Sorin
medconsulting

Post by medconsulting »

sorin wrote:Hello,

If the current form of the element currently selected in the schema (child elements of the selected element are expanded or not, type definitions are expanded or not) is larger than one page of paper this current form is split on more pages before printing. The inner edges of the printed page X, that is edges where the page with number X is joined with other pages are annotated with the text Continue on page Y where Y is the number of the page with an edge that must be joined with page X. That edge of page Y also contains the text Continue on page X. I just tested this in <oXygen/> 7.2 build 2006062111 on an iMac with OS X 10.4.7 and the pages join together correctly if I follow the Continue on page X indications. It does not matter that the Full Model View or the Logical Model View of the schema diagram where I apply the Print Selection action does not contain the whole selected element with all descendants in the visible area and I must scroll the view to see all of them. What is the result of the Print Selection action on your computer ? Do you get only one printed page and this page does not have Continue on page X markers on the edges where the schema fragment is cut off ?

Regards,
Sorin
If the magnification is set to 100% printing is o.k. in the way you describe. However, when I don't want my output to be spread on 20 pages or so, I can reduce magnification, so that the desired element and all its offspring is only spread on e.g. 2 pages. But in that case the output is crippled, in the sense that everything is in the correct size and place within the printing margins, but part of it is hidden, mostly on the right but also on the bottom.
Yesterday I once managed to get what I wanted, but not since then, whatever combinatons and tricks I try.

Andreas, with thanks
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Can you save the print output to a PDF file using the Save As PDF option of the Print dialog and send us both the PDF result and the schema with the printed element ?

Regards,
Sorin