Trying to hide cell borders in simpletable fails

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
4everJang

Trying to hide cell borders in simpletable fails

Post by 4everJang »

I am using a one-row, two-cell simpletable to create a note with an icon on the side. Obviously, the hazardstatement would be overkill and introduces a lot of extra incorrect semantics (the note is not at all a hazard).

To have the content showing up without the ugly table borders, I tried setting @frame="none" on the simpletable and that does indeed work. But I have not been able to remove the border between the two cells. I added a rule for this to the -topic-table-simpletable.css:

*[frame = "none"] *[class ~= "topic/stentry"]{
border: none;
}

In the CSS Inspector window I can see that the rule was recognised. It shows this (referencing the correct line in my adapted CSS):

*[frame='none'] *[class~='topic/stentry'] {
border-bottom-style : none ;
border-left-style : none ;
border-right-style : none ;
border-top-style : none ;
}

But the border is still showing. As the Author mode is supposed to be driven by CSS I am thinking this is a bug, but maybe I am overlooking something.

If anyone has another solution to making this work, let me know. At this point I am not yet worried about the final output - that is something I would be able to handle by adapting the CSS for the final product. I just want to have the Author mode show the right styling.
Radu

Re: Trying to hide cell borders in simpletable fails

Post by Radu »

Hi Jang,

This is a bug on our side, we had it registered for a while but had not time yet to fix it:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21512
Indeed from the CSS you cannot override the simple table borders.
If we manage to fix it in a future version I'll update this forum thread.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
4everJang

Re: Trying to hide cell borders in simpletable fails

Post by 4everJang »

Thanks, Radu. I do hope you get the chance to fix this. The simpletable is very useful for this kind of non-hazardstatement notes.