XSD Graphical Toggle in Eclipse

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
kingargyle

XSD Graphical Toggle in Eclipse

Post by kingargyle »

It would be nice to be able to either have a tabbed view of the source and the graphical model (i.e. like the Eclipse Web Tools XSD editor is setup), or just the ability to hide the graphical view. This would give more screen area for editing the source.

I find the Graphical view tends to get in the way at times.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

You can resize as you want the diagram versus source area using the splitter between the two areas. If you want you can minimize the diagram until it is not visible anymore.
In options there is an entry that allows you to control if the diagrams should be created or not in the first place, see the Winsow->Preferences -- oXygen -- Editor -- Diagram preference page.

Best Regards,
George
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

Unfortunately, I'm using the Eclipse Plugin version and not the standalone version. My understanding is that this feature is only available in the standalone version. I belive Sorin has entered a feature request for this to be added to the Eclipse Plugin version as well.

Ideally it would be nice also to see Oxygen leverage where it makes sense the Eclipse Web Tools project. In some cases, it may not be beneficial as the XML Editors in Oxygen's Plugin are much faster than the Eclipse Web Tools editors when editing large documents. I do however prefer the Web Tools Schema diagrams.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

My description above is about the Eclipse plugin, not about the standalone version.

Best Regards,
George
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

george wrote:Hi,

My description above is about the Eclipse plugin, not about the standalone version.
Turning off the diagram editor works, but then I don't have the option of viewing the diagrams structure graphically.

The splitter does not allow me to re-adjust the size of the graphical view. The diagram always takes up half of the editor. Again, a personal design preference would be to have tabs in the editor, one for Source and one for Diagram. Maybe this could be setup as a preference, just as having the position of the diagram is a preference (north, south, east, west). Maybe add tab to that list.