DITA Schema Entry alignment default value

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
josephw

DITA Schema Entry alignment default value

Post by josephw »

I need to set default values for table entry's alignment.
But the default value of an entry included in a table header should be different from the entry included in the body.

Is this possible?
Joseph Weichert
Senior Solution Architect
KGU TechPub Services GmbH
Radu

Re: DITA Schema Entry alignment default value

Post by Radu »

Hi Joseph,

This is probably not related to the editing part, why don't you customize the published output so that entries inside table headers are considered to have a different default alignment than entries inside the body?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
josephw

Post by josephw »

Hi Radu,
thanks for your reply.
Actually it is related to editing part, since we would need to adjust stylesheets for edit, and multiple publish types. And the customer wants to see the default values i the table properties dialog.
But this is what I have expected.
Joseph Weichert
Senior Solution Architect
KGU TechPub Services GmbH
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Joseph,

For the editing part maybe you can create some custom CSS rules which apply alignment on cells depending on weather they appear in the header or body, so that the end user sees things similar to what they get when publishing.
About the Table Properties dialog, it shows alignment values as "<not set>" when the cells do not have the attribute explicitly specified. I guess you could create your own actions to customize table properties, maybe implement your own dialogs for this would it would take some work for that.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com