Webhelp output fails

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
matt_k

Webhelp output fails

Post by matt_k »

Hi there

I've been trying output a simple map using the DITA Map Webhelp Responsive scenario, but it keeps failing, with these errors being reported:
System ID: /private/tmp/2021_training_catalogueditamap-bundle/staging/documents/Matt_testing/show_and_tell/training_catalogue/2021_training_catalogue.ditamap
Scenario: DITA Map WebHelp Responsive
Input file: /private/tmp/2021_training_catalogueditamap-bundle/staging/documents/Matt_testing/show_and_tell/training_catalogue/2021_training_catalogue.ditamap
Document type: DITA Map
Engine name: DITA-OT
Severity: fatal
Description: Transformation failed. /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/build_dita.xml:1053: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet '/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/navLinks/tocDita.xsl': I/O error reported by XML parser processing file:/Applications/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/xsl/common/dita-utilities.xsl: /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/xsl/common/dita-utilities.xsl (No such file or directory)

System ID: /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/org.dita.base/build.xml
Input file: /private/tmp/2021_training_catalogueditamap-bundle/staging/documents/Matt_testing/show_and_tell/training_catalogue/2021_training_catalogue.ditamap
Severity: error
Description: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Start location: 29:0

System ID: /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/build_dita.xml
Severity: error
Description: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet '/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/navLinks/tocDita.xsl': I/O error reported by XML parser processing file:/Applications/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/xsl/common/dita-utilities.xsl: /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/xsl/common/dita-utilities.xsl (No such file or directory)
Start location: 1053:0
I've look in the Oxygen DITA-OT3.x folder and the 'xsl' folder is not there.

I am using Oxygen 23.0.

What do I need to do to get the Webhelp output to work?

Thanks

Matt
ionela

Re: Webhelp output fails

Post by ionela »

Hi Matt,

From the stack trace you've indicated it seems that the DITA-OT has been altered. Do you have any DITA-OT customizations or have you modified your DITA-OT?

The best way to solve this issue is try to run the WebHelp transformation in a clean installation of oXygen XML.
If I may ask, is there any specific reason you've installed v23.0? If not, we recommend to install and use v23.1 as this is the latest minor version for v23 and it contains all improvements and features for this version. The v23 license allows you to register the v23.1 installation.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
matt_k

Post by matt_k »

Hi Ionela

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think I have altered the default DITA-OT that comes with Oxygen. I did, however, add another DITA-OT as a test, but I have switched back to the default version.

It is difficult for me to reinstall or upgrade Oxygen, as our computers are centrally managed by our IT department. I will ask them to schedule an upgrade to v23.1 and test again.

Do you need a separte license to output WebHelp from an Oxygen installation?

Regards

Matt
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Matt,

To run the WebHelp transformation scenario using the Oxygen GUI software (Editor/Author), you need to have a license for that specific product.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support