Restricting use of unauthorised content

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
matt_k

Restricting use of unauthorised content

Post by matt_k »

Hi there

I'm exploring some options for restricting the use of unauthorised content.

For example, if we held some content owned by another company, but we have permission to hold that content on our server. However, there are restrictions for how it can be reused, for instance, it can only be used internally.

What would be the best way of implementing something like that?

I noticed that there is a <permissions> element that can reside in a topic <prolog>, with options of 'internal', 'classified, 'all' or 'entitled'. Presumably, that would using that require some plugin configuration to implement.

I have also seen the 'Delivery Target' attribute in ditaval files. Would it be easier to control the use of this content with conditional profiling?

Many thanks

Matt
Costin

Re: Restricting use of unauthorised content

Post by Costin »

Hi Matt,

Could you please fist let us know where exactly do you need to impose the restrictions?
Do you need to restrict editing the topics content, or to restrict access to some of the HTML files resulted for their corresponding topic references in the published output?

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
matt_k

Post by matt_k »

Hi Costin

Many thanks for your reply.

This is all a bit hypothetical at the moment, but here is an example scenario:

Company A provides my company with some content and they have agreed for us to use it in all of our bulletin documents, published as PDF and HTML.

We are not permitted to amend the content, or publish it in any other documents, including journals or marketing materials.

We don't have this situation currently, but it is something that may occur within the next 12 months.

Regards

Matt
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, there is no way to apply some restrictions regarding the topic modifying. For the published output can be applied the conditional processing. More details about this are available here:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DITA_Pro ... ibute.html
https://www.oxygenxml.com/dita/1.3/spec ... dproc.html
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
matt_k

Post by matt_k »

Thanks cosmin_andrei