CSS PDF stops working after installing Oxygen v24

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
maglid

CSS PDF stops working after installing Oxygen v24

Post by maglid »

I have a CSS PDF plugin that uses the Oxygen system, except using Antenna House instead of PDF Chemistry. It uses a customized DITA OT v3.2 and it works inside an RWS/SDL DITA CCMS. I could run it locally without Antenna House when I was using Oxygen v23.

But I installed Oxgyen version 24 and ran the same transform with the same 3.2 DITA OT, and it fails immediately with this message:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\maglid\Desktop\intralox-temp\sdl-tridion\DITA-OT\dita-ot-3.2\build.xml:58: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\maglid\Desktop\intralox-temp\sdl-tridion\DITA-OT\dita-ot-3.2\plugins\com.oxygenxml.pdf.css\build.xml:84: Unable to create javax script engine for javascript

What would cause this?

Thanks,
Mark
julien_lacour

Re: CSS PDF stops working after installing Oxygen v24

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Mark,

Oxygen 24.0 runs using OpenJDK 17, in this Java version the Nashorn JavaScript Engine has been removed (it has actually been removed since Java 15).

You can run the DITA transformation with another Java version in order to make it work (in the transformation dialog see in Advanced tool).
You can also try to reinstall Oxygen 24.0 with the Java SE 8u202 version.

Regards,
Julien
maglid

Post by maglid »

Thanks Julien. Where can I get Oxygen 24.0 with the Java SE 8u202 version? Is this it:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/do ... l?os=Other

Mark
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hi Mark,

Here's the link to Oxygen 24.0 (Java SE 8u202) version:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/download_than ... -64bit.exe

Regards,
Julien