Searching Ditamap Hierarchy Including Components

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
jmorales

Searching Ditamap Hierarchy Including Components

Post by jmorales »

Hello,
I'd like to search the ditamap hierarchy for all references to a certain phrase, even in xml attribute values. The search doesn't seem to include components that are referenced by topics in the ditamap. I tried two ways:
- Find/Replace in Files with Scope set to Ditamap Hierarchy. This fails because the scope doesn't seem to include any components referenced in topics.
- Opening the ditamap with "Open ditamap in editor with resolved topics", then doing a Find in the editor pane. This fails because I can only find text that is visible in Author mode. I can't find things like attribute values that are only visible in Text mode, and if I switch to Text mode, the topics stop being expanded.
These limitations made it very tedious to trace the source of an error in the DITA Maps Completeness check, because the problem was really inside a component that was used in a topic.
Is there currently some way to search through the *complete* ditamap hierarchy, with all components expanded, for text that occurs within xml attributes?
Thanks!
Radu

Re: Searching Ditamap Hierarchy Including Components

Post by Radu »

Hi,

This seems like a similar request with the one from a previous post you had:
post62921.html#p55632

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jmorales

Re: Searching Ditamap Hierarchy Including Components

Post by jmorales »

Thanks, Radu. I had forgotten about that solution. It makes perfect sense. Sorry for the duplication!