How to handle white space in Author Mode?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
m_prm

How to handle white space in Author Mode?

Post by m_prm »

Hi,

I have read the documentation on handling whitespace in Author mode, but that has not solved my problem.
As you can see from the first picture, in Author mode there are a long series of whitespaces with dots that make it impossible to read the text. Those spaces are added automatically by Oxygen in Author mode.
whitespaceAuthorMode.PNG
whitespaceAuthorMode.PNG (10.14 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Please note that this effect seems to be random. Other texts tagged in the same way are not displayed with extra spaces, as in the second image.
readableText.PNG
readableText.PNG (18.4 KiB) Viewed 644 times
How can I specify in Oxygen not to show that whitespaces, so that the text is displayed as in image 2?

Thank you for your help.

Michela
Radu

Re: How to handle white space in Author Mode?

Post by Radu »

Hi Michela,

In the first case Oxygen seems to consider the element content as space preserve, either it has an xml:space attribute set somewhere or there is some CSS rule marking it as such, so Oxygen will consider that all spaces are important and need to be shown.
Can you maybe create a small sample TEI document exhibiting the first problem and send it to us (support@oxygenxml.com)? Maybe we can give you more details after we look into this on our side.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com