Can't access Fusion content anymore

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
partyhat

Can't access Fusion content anymore

Post by partyhat »

I can no longer open the Fusion window in Oxygen. When I try to connect to the Fusion server, I get prompted for an email address, but when I enter it, I get a message that it already has that email address and it won't let me go past that step.

I am considering just having my IT person delete my ID from the fusion server and adding me all over again.

If I do that, would the Fusion content that I created on that server also be deleted?
Gabriel Titerlea
Site Admin

Re: Can't access Fusion content anymore

Post by Gabriel Titerlea »

Hello,
I get a message that it already has that email address and it won't let me go past that step.
The "An account with the same email address already exists" error message appears in this scenario:
  • You've created a Content Fusion account using the Sign-up form using an email address
    sometime in the past [1], you've chosen a name and a password for this account.
  • Today you are logging in to Content Fusion using the "Continue with Google" button. The google account has the same email address used to created the 1st account.
  • Because the google account has the same email address as an existing account (the one created at the 1st step), Content Fusion asks for a new email address to create the new account.
  • You type in the email address of the account that was created at step 1.
    • If Content Fusion is configured to send emails you will be asked to add Google Login to the 1st account.
    • If Content Fusion is not configured to send emails you will see an error message "An account with the same email address already exists".
If this is your case, you should login using the email + password that you created at step 1. You can press Log Out (top right of the page, after you press your username) to see the Login form.

If you don't remember the password:
  • If Content Fusion is configured to send emails you should see a "Forgot password" link below the Login dialog [2].
  • If Content Fusion is not configured to send emails the only solution is to delete the account & create a new one unfortunately. We can provide instructions for how to do that to your administrator.
If this is not your case, please describe in detail how you created your account, how you logged in in the past & how you are trying to log in today.
If I do that, would the Fusion content that I created on that server also be deleted?
Yes, all the tasks associated with that account will be deleted.

Best,
Gabriel

[1] https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ement.html
[2] https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... r_password
partyhat

Re: Can't access Fusion content anymore

Post by partyhat »

Thank you for the detailed response. Your info helped me figure out a solution.

My IT folks had switched the Fusion server and my Fusion logon was apparently no longer synced with the Google button.

So on the Log In/Sign Up window, instead of clicking the Google button, I clicked the tiny key icon in the lower right corner of the password field.

This opened a list of my existing username/password combinations, and I selected the combo that was labeled with the old server name.

Now I can access my Fusion content.