diff tool: last directory saved by position

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dsewell

diff tool: last directory saved by position

Post by dsewell »

In the XML diff tool:

Suppose I perform a comparison on two files like this

Directory X/file1 Directory Y/file1

where I have first opened the left file and then the right file.

After I am finished, I want to compare two more files in Directory X and Directory Y. But when I enter the open file dialogue on the left side, it takes me to Directory Y because that is the last directory that was opened.

Would it be possible for the open-file dialogue to remember which directory was last opened for each side of the window? That will speed up comparison of multiple files in a directory.

thanks
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello David,

It was already implemented in the latest release (7.2). I think you are using an older version of oXygen.

Regards,
Sorin
dsewell

Post by dsewell »

sorin wrote:Hello David,

It was already implemented in the latest release (7.2). I think you are using an older version of oXygen.
No, I am using 7.2 (OS X version).

Actually, the desired behavior is there if I have the diff window open and then open a new file. If I close the diff window and then open the diff tool again, the last directory accessed is used for either half of the window. So the workaround is to leave the diff window open, I guess.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Now I understand what you mean. You want the last accessed directory of the diff window to be a different setting instead of the same last accessed directory as in the editor window. I logged your request for a future version. Other workaround than leaving the diff window open is to reopen a file in the diff window using the combo of the left/right panel. This restores the last accessed directory setting to the directory which you want for that half of the diff window.

Regards,
Sorin