Problems with master file / main file support in Editor 23.1

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kai_weber

Problems with master file / main file support in Editor 23.1

Post by kai_weber »

Dear oXygen team,

a colleague of me was having some problems with main file support in oXygen Editor 23.1 (she had recently upgraded from 23.0). Her setup concerning main file support looks OK to me, yet when she is trying to set IDREFs in Author Mode, the selection list only offers xml:ids from the local file, not from the overall project.
When trying to reproduce that problem, I switched off main file support in the project frame and switched in on again. Even after main file support was on again, I had the same problem: I only saw local IDs listed, not the expected global ones. However, I could mitigate that problem by closing the currently open XML file and opening it again. This, however, does not help in the case of my colleague. Neither re-opening files nor restarting oXygen or her entire Windows system changes anything for her.

I know that this description is not easy to be reproduced, and we ourselves have no clue or idea about any patterns in our installations of oXygen 23.1. But maybe you have had some other reports about that or have any ideas how to get around this problem?

Best regards,
Kai
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Problems with master file / main file support in Editor 23.1

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello Kai,

What kind of documents are you working with? Are they simple XML, or perhaps DocBook, or something else?

All the best,
Sorin Carbunaru
Oxygen XML Editor
kai_weber

Post by kai_weber »

Hello Sorin,

the documents are TEIs, using the tei-all.rng schema from `${baseFramework}/xml/tei/custom/schema/relaxng/tei_all.rng`.

There's roughly a dozen editors working on documents in this project, all using the same Oxygen .xpr file, and so far only one editor complains about a total failure of inter-document IDREF resolution, while two of them notice temporary failures. We could not pinpoint the issue to a specific Oxygen or Windows version - we have users who use Oxygen 23.1 on Windows 10 without any IDREF issues.

Our documents and .xpr file are in a non-public Git repo, yet if you or any of your colleagues want to have a look at our data, I could provide you with temporary read access.
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi Kai,

Having access to your project for testing would be great. Please tell me how exactly you reproduce the problem: which is the main file, in which file the IDREF problem happens, on which element, etc.

If there is any sensitive information that you don't want to post here, you can write us at support@oxygenxmlm.com.

Best wishes,
Sorin
kai_weber

Post by kai_weber »

Thank you Sorin,

I've sent you a mail to support@oxygenxml.com