Alternative to using local-name()

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
DanOvergaard

Alternative to using local-name()

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi

Is there a way to get a value on root level not using "local-name()"? My problem is that my xslt are process by an engine that do not support "local-name()" (Don’t ask me why :shock: )

I have loaded the file into a variable and I need to get the value cbc:ID on root level, but I only figure-out to get it by using:

<xsl:value-of select="$SupplierSeller//*[local-name()='TCOInformationDocument']/cbc:ID"/>

Lording of the file
<xsl:variable name="SupplierSeller" select="document(concat($rootFolder, '\InBound\Input-SupplierSeller.xml'))"/>

XML file
<TCOInformationDocument>
xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TCOInformationDocument-2.0.5"
xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2"
xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2"
<cbc:ID>TCO-01</cbc:ID>
<cac:ReferencedContract>
<cbc:ID>1</cbc:ID>
</cac:ReferencedContract>
</TCOInformationDocument>

Any suggestions ?

Regards
Dan
tavy

Re: Alternative to using local-name()

Post by tavy »

Hello Dan,

I think you can replace the "local-name()" with something like this:

Code: Select all

<xsl:value-of select="$SupplierSeller/*/cbc:ID"/>
I am not sure that this is the best solution, maybe you can address this question on the XSLT List xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
DanOvergaard

Re: Alternative to using local-name()

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi Octavian,

Thank for your answer

I had tried <xsl:value-of select="$SupplierSeller/cbc:ID"/> but it didn’t return any value and that was driving me crazy. So, I used local-Name() – go a value, but then the post-process failed (Sorry for not being 100% clear in the problem description)

I figured-out that the problem was due to a “unprefixed name” (Root element: TCOInformationDocument). XPath treat an unprefixed name as a “no namespace” and in the document it’s linked to the default namespace which had no prefix.

I am not still 100% sure if I had understood the problem 100%, but I got the to work by:

adding the following namespace
Xmlns:default="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TCOInformationDocument-2.0.5"

Change the variable to load the “default:TCOInformationDocument”
<xsl:variable name="SellerSupplier" select="document('\InBound\TCOInformationDocument-Input-SellerSupplier.xml')/default:TCOInformationDocument"/>

Now the <xsl:value-of select="$SupplierSeller/cbc:ID"/> was working

Thanks for your help - with your suggestion, I realize that the problem was not the “select” and the solution must be somewhere else

Regards,
Dan