How to see only the changes made in a review task

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kj_rk

How to see only the changes made in a review task

Post by kj_rk »

Hi,
I am evaluating Content Fusion and was wondering if there is a way to highlight the changes in a file that is added to a review task.

Currently, when I add a file, the entire file is available to the reviewer. Is there a way to just show or highlight what changed between the original file and the current changed version, like a diff?

Thanks
kj_rk
mihai_coanda

Re: How to see only the changes made in a review task

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,

Do you want to show a diff between the current file state and the original file state or do you have a more elaborate requirement?

A detailed description of your use case would help us better understand it.

Best Regards,
Michael
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com
kj_rk

Post by kj_rk »

Thanks for your reply, Michael!

What I am looking for is that when I make a change to a file and create a review task for that change, the content fusion interface should show only the changes that I made for the reviewer to look at. The other content can still be there but the changes must be pointed out to the reviewer. Otherwise, the reviewer will be reviewing the entire file even though it was not changed.

Something like what github does when a PR is created. Shows only the changed content for review.
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

That is an interesting use-case and we already have a feature request registered for it. I added your vote and we will update this thread when this feature will be implemented. To help us make sure that your use-case is covered, some information would be useful:

1. You need a way to provide the two file versions to Content Fusion. Do you use Git to store your files?
2. If not, please give us more details about your use-case.
3. If yes, are the two version you want to compare "before" and "after" a commit? Or are they just the local changes? Or the changes staged for commit?
4. Also, do you use the Git Client embedded in Oxygen XML Editor?
5. Would it be possible / desirable to connect Content Fusion to your Git repository and let Content Fusion explore your Git repo and revision history to create the review task?

If you prefer to give us this feedback in a private way, you can use our technical support form: https://www.oxygenxml.com/techSupport.html .

As a workaround you have several options:
  • Manually add comments of color highlights to the changed content to give the reviewer a hint.
  • Upload the original version of the file as part of the task, then go to the text page and paste the new version of the file. This way, the reviewer will see an entry in the "Activity" stream with the diff that you made. They will be able to look just at the differences.
Best,
Cristian
kj_rk

Post by kj_rk »

Replied to your questions:

1. You need a way to provide the two file versions to Content Fusion. Do you use Git to store your files?
-Yes
kj_rk

Post by kj_rk »

My responses are inline:

YES
2. If not, please give us more details about your use-case.
3. If yes, are the two version you want to compare "before" and "after" a commit? Or are they just the local changes? Or the changes staged for commit?
compare "before" and "after" a commit
4. Also, do you use the Git Client embedded in Oxygen XML Editor?
YES
5. Would it be possible / desirable to connect Content Fusion to your Git repository and let Content Fusion explore your Git repo and revision history to create the review task?
YES. That would be perfect.

Thanks for the alternative suggestions. Will try them out.
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will update this forum thread when Content Fusion will offer more support for this use-case.

Best,
Cristian
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

We just released a public Beta version of Content Fusion that allows you to create review tasks directly from Git repositories.
The presentation page is here: https://www.oxygenxml.com/content_fusion/6_beta.html

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
kj_rk

Post by kj_rk »

Thanks!