%20 characters in //xsl:result-document/@href

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
shuphi

%20 characters in //xsl:result-document/@href

Post by shuphi »

I have a multiple-include master stylesheet with a bunch of xsl:result-document instructions writing a set of xml files to a basepath specified in a global variable.

<xsl:variable name="BASEPATH" select="'file:/C:/Dokumente%20und Einstellungen/myName/Eigene%20Dateien/myHTMLOutput'"/>

The out href for the xsl:result-document statement is later calculated in a local variable select inside a for-each loop, eg
<xsl:for-each select="/pages">
<xsl:variable name="myHref" as="xs:string" select="concat($BASEPATH,'/',@ID,'.html')"/>
<xsl:result-document href="{$myHref}" method="html">
[...]
</xsl:result-document>
</xsl:for-each>

The transformation from Oxygen 7.2. (selection: Saxon 8B) works only if $BASEPATH doesn't contain any space chars (%20). When I run the xslt debugger for the scenario, however, the output is as expected. The transformation also works, if I invoke [OxygenDir]/lib/Saxon8.jar from the commandline.
sorin_ristache

Re: %20 characters in //xsl:result-document/@href

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
shuphi wrote:The transformation from Oxygen 7.2. (selection: Saxon 8B) works only if $BASEPATH doesn't contain any space chars (%20).
Is there an error reported ? An output file which should be created by xsl:result-document is not created ? Please post small sample files (XML source and XSLT 2.0 stylesheet) showing that the transformation does not work or send files for reproducing the problem to support at oxygenxml dot com.

Regards,
Sorin
shuphi

Error: Premature End of File

Post by shuphi »

After various tests I came to the conclusion that the errors occurring with the
- doc($myString) function
- xsl:result-document[matches(@href eq $myString])
are not reproducable consistently, if $myString contains %20 or - (dash) chars in directory names.

The error occurs just sometimes, sometimes it doesn't

However, oxygen seems to have a general problem in handling the collection() function (When transforming with Saxon 8B, I couldn't verify the scenario with Saxon8SA).

Example:

Something like the example below will ALWAYS return a "premature end of file" error

<xsl:variable name="myPath" select="'file:/C:/anyOldPath/To/My/XMLFiles'"/>
<root>
<xsl:for-each select="collection($myPath)/myElement">
<!-- do anything -->
</root>
sorin_ristache

Re: Error: Premature End of File

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
shuphi wrote:The error occurs just sometimes, sometimes it doesn't
A scenario for reproducing it will be helpful.
shuphi wrote:Something like the example below will ALWAYS return a "premature end of file" error
Please post sample files for reproducing the error. Also specify the paths for all the files.

Regards,
Sorin
shuphi

examples

Post by shuphi »

I have to revise my conclusions.

The following scenario should collect the contents of
C:\temp\my-Directory\xml, and for-each element 'doc' encountered in the collection write a result-document to C:\temp\my-Directory\outfiles\out{@id}.xml

1. Create the Directories C:\temp\my-Directory, C:\temp\my-Directory\xml, C:\temp\my-Directory\xsl,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Put the file input.xml to C:\temp\my-Directory
<!-- input.xml -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<dummy/>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Put the files source1.xml, source2.xml, input.xml
to C:\temp\my-Directory

<!-- source1.xml -->
<doc id="101">
<header>
<title>my Title</title>
<text>my Text</text>
</header>
</doc>

<!-- source2.xml -->
<doc id="102">
<header>
<title>my Title</title>
<text>my Text</text>
</header>
</doc>

<!-- input.xml, this is the same dummy as above -->
<dummy/>

4. Put the file transform.xsl to C:\temp\my-Directory\transform.xsl

<!-- transform.xsl -->
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions">
<xsl:variable name="BASEPATH" as="xs:string" select="'file:/C:/temp/my-Directory'"/>
<xsl:variable name="SRCXML" as="xs:string" select="concat($BASEPATH,'/xml')"/>
<xsl:variable name="MYSOURCE" select="collection($SRCXML)"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:for-each select="$MYSOURCE/doc">
<xsl:variable name="OUTPATH" select="concat($BASEPATH,'/outfiles/out',@id,'.xml')"/>
<xsl:result-document href="{$OUTPATH}" method="xml">
<root>
<xsl:copy-of select="header" copy-namespaces="no"/>
</root>
</xsl:result-document>
<done/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

5. Open C:\temp\my-Directory\input.xml with Oxygen and create a scenario to transform the file with C:\temp\my-Directory\xsl\transform.xsl

6. Run the transformation; this will work

7. Open C:\temp\my-Directory\xml\input.xml with Oxygen and create a scenario to transform the file with C:\temp\my-Directory\xsl\transform.xsl

8. Run this transformation; This will fail with error "premature end of file"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

- Oxygen fails to handle collection($PATH), if the transformation input file is itself under the $PATH.

Note:

- If Saxon8B is run from the cmdline both scenarios will succeed
shuphi

downloadlink

Post by shuphi »

to make it easier, all the files mentioned above can be downloaded from here:
http://www.pcs-ag.com/pcsdoc/my-Directory.zip
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Thank you for the files. We can reproduce the bug. We will let you know about the fix.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Re: examples

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
shuphi wrote:Oxygen fails to handle collection($PATH), if the transformation input file is itself under the $PATH.
An output file is created at the beginning of the transformation and the collection() function as you call it (on all files of a directory) tries to collect it too. When the collection() function is evaluated this file is empty so parsing it as an XML file fails with the "Premature end of file" error. This file should not be included in the collection as it does not exist on disk when the transformation is started. In the next version of oXygen we will avoid including it in the collection. In the current version (7.2) you have two options to avoid the error:

- if you know a file pattern for the collection files use it in the collection() call:

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="MYSOURCE" select="collection(concat($SRCXML, '?select=*.xml'))"/>
- otherwise use the on-error param of the collection() function:

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="MYSOURCE" select="collection(concat($SRCXML, '?on-error=ignore'))"/>
Regards,
Sorin