Keyboard Shortcuts

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Stacey

Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by Stacey »

Hi:

I like the Options > Menu Shortcut Keys feature, but it currently doesn't seem to be working correctly for me in version 23.1 build 2021061407.
They do work for me in 22.1, build 2020100710, and I'm not sure why they don't work in v23.1. (Both versions are currently installed on the system.)

Specifically, I set ctrl + r (at some point in the past) for Insert Row Below. I can still see the shortcut key combination associated with the Name. I tried clearing it and readding it, but it still doesn't do anything.

Thoughts?
adrian

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by adrian »

Hello,

For what type of document is this (DITA, DocBook, other)?
"Insert Row Below" is a document type (framework) action that appears several times in the list, once for each of the default document types. Make sure you set it for the correct document type as seen in the Category column from the Menu Shortcut Keys option pane. Type (or paste) "Insert Row Below" in the filter field at the top and you will see what I mean.

If you have 2 or more frameworks for the same type of document, make sure you assign the shortcut for the one that is is active or prioritized for your document.
If you don't know which document type is used for your document, open your document and check in the Properties view (Windows > Show view ...) what's shown for "Document type". Make sure that same one is the one you assign the shortcut key for.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Ah-ha! That was it.

The document type was "DITA - Extension" and the shortcut key was applied to "DITA".

(I recently activated the "Extension" when I was working with Schematron and automatically checking for errors/applying QuickFixes.) I guess it must have automatically updated any files I'm working with to that document type?
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

The shortcuts are bound to the actions from the named document type. When you edited (Extended) the "DITA" document type, the active document type (detected for your documents) changed to "DITA - Extension" (it has higher priority), but shortcut associations are not automatically updated to follow the newly active (extended) document type.
I'll log an issue to try and somehow accommodate this situation.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com