oXygen does not autocomplete from included schemas

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
nsushkin

oXygen does not autocomplete from included schemas

Post by nsushkin »

I have a schema that xs:includes another schema. In the including schema, the types
defined in the included schema do not appear in the dropdowns for the base attribute of the xs:extension element. If I flatten the schema, all the types become available. There appears to be no errors in either modularized of flattened schemas.

Is this a bug, a feature to be implemented, or my misunderstanding?

Thanks.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

The dynamic content completion proposals get information only from the edited document, thus I think the best way to characterize this is that support looking into included/imported files for dynamic proposals information is a feature to be implemented.

Best Regards,
George
nsushkin

Post by nsushkin »

george wrote: The dynamic content completion proposals get information only from the edited document...
My document does not define xsd:string, yet I can use it. Anyway, it's a pity,
my schemas are all modularized using xsd:include. I guess I'll have to use another
editor for my development.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

The built-in schema types are presented by oXygen so that is why xs:string appears.
When we implemented this support for presenting dynamic content completion proposals a few month ago oXygen was the only editor AFAIK with this feature.

Best Regards,
George
nsushkin

Post by nsushkin »

george wrote:Hi,
When we implemented this support for presenting dynamic content completion proposals a few month ago oXygen was the only editor AFAIK with this feature.
George, I am currently using Tibco (former Extensibility) Turbo XML. When I am extending an existing type, I get autocompletion no matter where the type is defined, in the currently opened document or in an included one.