Modify webhelp-responsive index

qualler

Modify webhelp-responsive index

Post by qualler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi, I'm looking at https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... rview.html

Which explains that:

whr-search-index
Processes the generated HTML (for all DITA topics) to generate an index file. This index is used to implement the WebHelp search function.

is the last step in the publishing process. I was searching the help and couldn't find how to customize the index to include elements we've added on the page, such as the root element id and the CCMS guid for traceability purposes.

How can this indexing be modified? :D

Justin

radu_pisoi

Re: Modify webhelp-responsive index

Post by radu_pisoi » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no extension point that allow you to modify the search index.

I have added an improvement request in our internal issue tracker to add a parameter that allow you to set additional elements and attributes to be indexed.
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

steinbacherGE

Post by steinbacherGE » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

I'm working with Justin on this. Here's a screenshot of a sample HTML output file that contains the ID attribute values that we would like to be indexed so they show up as search results.

HTML output:
header-IDs.png
header-IDs.png (7.09 KiB) Viewed 538 times
HTML source:
Topic&CCMS-ID.png
Topic&CCMS-ID.png (28.79 KiB) Viewed 538 times
Is there currently anyway pull in these values so they show up in search results?

Thanks,

Leroy Steinbacher

beniamin_savu

Post by beniamin_savu » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi,

The id value is displayed in the content area, so it should be indexed by the search engine. From these images we don't see any problem.

For further investigations, it would be very useful to create a minimal valid sample project (DITA Map + topic) that you can send us for analysis. You can send the files to support@oxygenxml.com. Also, please specify the WebHelp version.

Best reagards,
Beniamin Savu
Oxygen WebHelp Team

steinbacherGE

Post by steinbacherGE » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:57 pm

We have not been able to attach samples by email, so we setup a shared folder for support@oxygenxml.com.

I've just sent an email with the details. Let us know if you are unable to access the files.

Thanks,

Leroy Steinbacher

steinbacherGE

Post by steinbacherGE » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm

Thanks for the email with the fix. I thought I would share it here in case anyone else has this issue.

We noticed that your customization adds the section which contains the topic id in a <header> HTML element. This element is excluded from the search index. We have a file named search.index.elements.to.exclude.txt located in the DITA-OT-DIR/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/oxygen-webhelp/ folder which specifies the list of HTML elements that will not be indexed by the search engine:
div.ignore,nav.wh_tools,footer,header,div.wh_publication_toc,...

To fix the problem simply modify the search.index.elements.to.exclude.txt file and remove the header from the list. So the file should look like this:
div.ignore,nav.wh_tools,footer,div.wh_publication_toc,...

beniamin_savu

Post by beniamin_savu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi,

We wanted to let you know that we released a new maintenance build for WebHelp 23.1 and it contains the fix for the problem you had with the search engine not indexing the text inside a <header> HTML element.

Best reagards,
Beniamin Savu
Oxygen WebHelp Team