Adding dirctory structure to a project

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Chris123

Adding dirctory structure to a project

Post by Chris123 »

I know that the Project directory structure is logical and need not map to the physical, but here's my problem (Oxygen 1.2.2 on W2k). I have a nested directory structure of containing about 500 test results runs in XML files, spread over about 20 folders. What I want is to put this structure in a project, but I cant find a way of adding an existing directory to a project, only creating one by hand and then adding the XML files for each directory. Is there a way to achieve what I want to do?

A secondary problem is that in order to easily extract certain bits of results info I run an XSLT over the XML. I like the way that oXygen will hold the output in memory rather than creating files that I'll never look at again. However, each time I transform a file I have to associate the .XSLT file with the .XML file. Is there a way to associate the .XSLT to the project or some other collection of files?

Cheers,

Chris
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Chris,

The 2.0.4 version has an Import Folder option that adds automatically to the project the files and folders from a specified directory. I guess that with 1.2.2 you can manage to workaround the problem if you look inside the project file (it is XML) and edit it to add your files there or you may eventually generate a project file content for the desired directory stucture using a script for instance.

The possibility of creating scenarios at application or project level will be addressed by the next release of oXygen.

Best Regards,
George