Viewing XHTML document in Author and Text mode simultaneously?

Oxygen general issues.
Gunnar

Viewing XHTML document in Author and Text mode simultaneously?

Post by Gunnar »

Hi

Is it possible to show both Author and Text mode simultaneously while editing XHTML files (from inside an EPUB archive) so I can make changes in the code and see the changes in Author mode?

I've tried dragging the Author and Text tabs but they seem to be fixed and also searched the forum and the internet for this but can't find any such references.

Thanks in advance
IrinaNadolu

Re: Viewing XHTML document in Author and Text mode simultaneously?

Post by IrinaNadolu »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we added it on an already registered issue.

Best regards,
Irina
Irina Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Hi Irina and thank you for this. However this doesn't really tell me much in the context of my original post. A link to the registered issue you mention would be highly appreciated.

My best
Gunnar
IrinaNadolu

Post by IrinaNadolu »

Hi Gunnar,

Our list of issues is private, however I can give you an ID and the subject of the issue if you would like to write it down - 'EXM-27188 Present Text and Author pages side by side (Split Text/Author)'.

I am sorry to tell you but I don't have a workaround for your issue and also I'm afraid I cannot give you a timeline for when it will be fixed.

Best regards,
Irina
Irina Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Hi

Ok, I understand, I thought it was a list on this forum :)

Thanks for clearing this up, situation understood with hope of an upgrade soon.

For some others that might be interested in this there is a workaround, of sorts. Install two versions of Oxygen (2.3.0 & 2.3.1 for example) and open the same (X)HTML file in both of them. You can then have one version in Author mode and the other in Text mode and when you make your changes and save in one of them the file gets immediately updated in the other version. Not very convenient but much better than having to always wait while Oxygen switches between modes.