oxy_datePicker issue

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ckabstein

oxy_datePicker issue

Post by ckabstein »

Hi,

Bringing this up because this is reproducible in 20.1, 22.1 and 23.0.

My colleague wanted to update the existing DITA golive date in the main ditamap from 2021-01-29 to 2021-02-01 using the datePicker.
As soon as she selected February from the datePicker, Oxygen froze, and the whole editing area turned into grey.
I could reproduce this easily on my computer.
At first, I thought, I had made a mistake in our customized CSS that overrides the -topic-metadata-prolog.css settings, but this was not the case. When I returned to the default, the same happened.

I've even removed the validateInput parameter - even though it was already set to "false" by default. It still happens, but only with that date.
Other dates that don't exist in other months are not affected. It looks like only February 29th and 30th are affected (if you want to update from January 29th or 30th).

Regards,
Christina
oXygen XML Editor 25.0 build 2023013006
DITA OT 3.7.3
Radu

Re: oxy_datePicker issue

Post by Radu »

Hi Christina,

I'm using Oxygen 23.0 (I tested on both Windows and Mac OS) and I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this problem on my side. My date picker does not allow me by default to see or choose dates like February 29th and 30th so when I switch the month from January to February it switches from 30 to 28 automatically.

Please give me some precise steps to reproduce this problem with a stock Oxygen 23.0 installation. Also on what operating system are you using Oxygen? Do you have add-ons installed in Oxygen?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com