Configuring Options not working

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
manojdcoder

Configuring Options not working

Post by manojdcoder »

I'm using Oxygen Component Integration v23, placed following content in options.xml as zip in src/main/weapp/WEB-INF

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<serialized version="23.0" xml:space="preserve">
  <serializableOrderedMap> 
		<entry>
		  <String>author.show.comments</String>
		  <Boolean>true</Boolean>       
		</entry>
		<entry>
		  <String>show.profiling.attributes</String>
		  <Boolean>false</Boolean>       
		</entry>
		<entry>
			<String>track.changes.initial.state</String>
			<Integer>0</Integer>
		</entry>
	</serializableOrderedMap>
 </serialized>
The file is properly extracted at work\Catalina\localhost\web-author-component-integration\options but one of the options take effect,

1. Profiling attributes are still rendered
2. Toggling tracking changes still adds the PI to the XML document
mihaela

Re: Configuring Options not working

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

The show.profiling.attributes option controls the display of the custom profiling attributes. For the built-in attributes (like (@product, @platform, @audience, @rev, @props, and @otherprops in DITA) the rendering is added from CSS and you will have to overwrite those rules. What type of profiling attributes are you using?

The 0 value for track.changes.initial.state option [1] means that the initial state is stored in document so it is correct that toggling tracking changes still adds the PI to the XML document. You will have to use 1 or 2 value, depending on what you are trying to obtain.

[1] https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... tial.state
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
manojdcoder

Re: Configuring Options not working

Post by manojdcoder »

Thank you the prompt reply.

I realize that I was using wrong value for track.changes.initial.state, I wanted to turn it off always, I suppose to use 2 but I used 0 (assuming 0 = false).

I was not using custom profiling attributes in my document, all were built-in. Let me try using custom ones and see if it works.