Can't close validation dialog box sometimes

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
abcoates

Can't close validation dialog box sometimes

Post by abcoates »

This is running oXygen 7.2 under SUSE Linux 10. I seem to have found an issue when validating a group of files from a project. The validation dialog box comes up, and it's all fine if I sit and watch it. However, if I work on something else while oXygen is validating, so that oXygen is in the background when the "OK" button appears in the validation dialog, then when I bring oXygen to the foreground, the contents of the validation dialog are blank, and there is no way to close it except to close oXygen itself.

Cheers, Tony.
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

I've mis-described this a bit. After the validations finish, the validation dialog goes away and the "Success" dialog appears. If oXygen is in the background when the "Success" dialog appears, the dialog isn't rendered, there is just a blank frame.

Cheers, Tony.
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

Here's another version of it. This time, the "Success" dialog appeared OK while in the background, but there was a blank "Validation" dialog behind it which couldn't be closed.

Cheers, Tony.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If you use Java 1.5.0 try to run <oXygen/> with a Java 1.4.2 virtual machine. There is a problem with window allocation in Java 1.5.0 from Sun Microsystems with KDE. Also you can try other window manager because the problem occurs only with KDE.

Regards,
Sorin
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

I'm using GNOME, not KDE. I am using Java 1.5.0_06. Cheers, Tony.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Does it work correctly with Java 1.4.2 from Sun Microsystems ?

Regards,
Sorin
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

Yes, it works as it should with JRE 1.4.2_11-b06. Cheers, Tony.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

That means the problem occurs also in GNOME. It is a problem of the Java virtual machine which does not handle the native windows correctly. You will have to use <oXygen/> with Java 1.4.2 on your Linux machine.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Tony,

The Sun Microsystems guys could reproduce the bug on a very simple code sample which I sent to them and which has no connection to <oXygen/> code. They accepted the bug and finally published it in their official database. They admit that it was introduced in the core Java classes starting with Java 1.5 and it occurs in KDE 3.5.x. For now it is a bug in progress.

Regards,
Sorin
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

Thanks for chasing that up! Cheers, Tony.