Add custom "turndown" menus wherever I want

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mdslup

Add custom "turndown" menus wherever I want

Post by mdslup »

Adding a "Section" element to a DITA file results in a "turndown" arrow being displayed in the HTML.

Is it possible to add this arrow to other sections as well? Could I add them wherever I want?

Thanks.
Costin

Re: Add custom "turndown" menus wherever I want

Post by Costin »

Hi,

The collapse support in the WebHelp output cannot be used for any element. The way it is implemented in the current version of WebHelp Responsive, this support is only available for some elements.
More specific, only tables with a caption, sections that have a title and subtopics (nested topics) can be collapsible.

We would appreciate any feedback, so feel free to let us know which other elements you would like to have the collapse support available for.
Based on the feedback we receive from our users, we could try to improve the implementation and extend the support for other elements as well.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
mdslup

Post by mdslup »

It would be great if I could set a specific output class on *any* element that would result in a turndown menu. For example, a step with a long set of substeps.
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the feedback!
I've added your request in our internal improvements tracking system, so our developers will try to implement this support in the next version of oXygen.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support