Version 20.1 with OT 3.5.4 - configuration.properties question

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
eriks

Version 20.1 with OT 3.5.4 - configuration.properties question

Post by eriks »

I do plugin development using Oxygen version 20.1. Normally, I install a fresh version of a specific OT to do plugin work. I store my plugins outside the /plugins folder and reference this folder in configuration.properties.

I tried to do this with OT 3.5.4 just now and noticed that configuration.properties now resides inside a /config folder, and there is another plugins.xml file in there that contains information about the plugins I have integrated with my OT.

In Oxygen 20.1, my above workflow works fine except in this case I just mentioned. Although I have integrated my plugins and they work from the command line, it seems like Oxygen cannot read the transtypes for these plugins (unless I specifically install them into the OT /plugins folder, which I do not want to do). Therefore, I am unable to create any transformation scenarios using these plugins that reside outside the OT folder substructure.

Is this intended, a bug, or a result of the change in OT architecture? Also, is there a way to fix this in 20.1, and if not, is it addressed in a newer Oxygen version?

Thanks for any replies.
eriks

Re: Version 20.1 with OT 3.5.4 - configuration.properties question

Post by eriks »

It looks like copying configuration.properties from /config back to /lib resolves the issue for Oxygen; it is able to see the newly added transtypes again.
Radu

Re: Version 20.1 with OT 3.5.4 - configuration.properties question

Post by Radu »

Hi,

This is indeed a result of the DITA OT changing the place where its configuration.properties was stored. We did not update Oxygen's code to take this into account fast enough.
Looking at our issues list we seem to have fixed this problem in Oxygen 23.
But your workaround, having the configuration.properties copied in both places is a good workaround still.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com