GITHub Clone Repo - Invalid credentials

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
msambasiva

GITHub Clone Repo - Invalid credentials

Post by msambasiva »

Hi,

Oxygen XML Editor 22.0.
I've installed GIT Client plugin. Iam into GIT Staging perspective.Then when I try to clone the repo, getting invalid credentials error popup message with Username and Password fields. Able to access the same repo from browser using the same credentials. Could you suggest any clue?

I've one more doubt, We need to push hundreds of files into github., Does GIT in Oxygen supports bulk content push into repo? As our content writers are technically new to GIT, it's difficult to use command line option.. If bulk push not possible from Oxygen, Could you suggest any GUI based applications for GIT.

Thanks,
Samba.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: GITHub Clone Repo - Invalid credentials

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,
I've installed GIT Client plugin. Iam into GIT Staging perspective.Then when I try to clone the repo, getting invalid credentials error popup message with Username and Password fields. Able to access the same repo from browser using the same credentials. Could you suggest any clue?
If your credentials work when you log into GitHub, they should also work with our add-on. For investigating the authentication problem, you could create a "log4j.properties" file inside Oxygen's installation folder with the following content:

Code: Select all

log4j.rootCategory=info, R2

log4j.appender.R2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R2.File=${user.home}/Desktop/oxygenLog/oxygen.log
log4j.appender.R2.MaxFileSize=12000KB
log4j.appender.R2.MaxBackupIndex=20
log4j.appender.R2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.R2.layout.ConversionPattern=%r %p [ %t ] %c - %m%n

log4j.category.com.oxygenxml.git=debug
After you reopen Oxygen, this will create an "oxygenLog" folder on your Desktop. After you reproduce the authentication problem, add "oxygenLog" to a ZIP archive and send to us at "support@oxygenxml.com".

Please note that our client also supports authentication using SSH keys.
I've one more doubt, We need to push hundreds of files into github., Does GIT in Oxygen supports bulk content push into repo?
Yes, you can push several changes at once.

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
Oxygen XML Editor
msambasiva

Re: GITHub Clone Repo - Invalid credentials

Post by msambasiva »

I got successful connection to another repo. I think, there is some thing wrong with repo. Thanks for your quick response! Logging tip helped me a lot!!