Cannot get a TOC tree with more than 1 level

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
4everJang

Cannot get a TOC tree with more than 1 level

Post by 4everJang »

Although I have made extensive use of oXygen for over a decade, I have never had to create WebHelp output. I am now working on a large project where the customer requires this output for a huge documentation set. I have tried to generate output that looks like the oXygen online WebHelp but the TOC on the left side does not give any levels - all topics are shown at the same top level, instead of being nested.

I am wondering whether this is controlled by a parameter in the WebHelp transform or a side-effect of the way the topics are organised in the various DITA files. I have tried various settings for the parameters in the template but none of these changes resulted in the tree-like TOC of the oXygen WebHelp. I guess it must be something trivial, so if anyone here can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

4everJang
cosmin_andrei

Re: Cannot get a TOC tree with more than 1 level

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi 4everjang,

A possible workaround would be to use the 'webhelp.publication.toc.links' parameter set to 'all' for the DITAMap WebHelp Reponsive transformation scenario. The default value of this parameter is 'chapter'. More details are available here:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... _toc_links
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support