Framework specific "Validate and check for completeness"

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
NicoAMP

Framework specific "Validate and check for completeness"

Post by NicoAMP »

Hi,

I have 3 different DITA frameworks installed on my environment.

I use "Validate and check for completeness" functionality in "Ditamap manager view" panel to validate my 3 kinds of maps.

Is it possible to parameter this functionality based on which framework is currently used (check or uncheck options, define a framework specific additional schematron) ?

Thanks.

Nicolas
Nicolas Delobel
AmeXio
nicolas.delobel at group.amexio.net
Radu

Re: Framework specific "Validate and check for completeness"

Post by Radu »

Hi Nicolas,

By default the "Validate and check for completeness" validates each DITA topic and map using only the schemas referenced in the document (and not the validation scenarios which may be defined in a particular framework configuration). But there is a setting named "Batch validate referenced DITA resources" in the "Validate and check for completeness" configuration dialog. When checked, each map and topic will be validated as if it's opened and validated in Oxygen (with the validation scenarios specified in the framework). This will slow down the entire validation quite a lot though.
Also in recent Oxygen versions, in the Preferences->"Project Level Settings" page you have the "Save DITA map validate and check ... at project level" checkbox. This would mean that for each project xpr opened in the Oxygen Project view you could have different validation settings.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
NicoAMP

Re: Framework specific "Validate and check for completeness"

Post by NicoAMP »

Hi Radu,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Regards,
Nicolas