Sequencing chunked content in webhelp responsive output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
CathyW

Sequencing chunked content in webhelp responsive output

Post by CathyW »

I am trying to get chunked and properly sequenced content with the webhelp responsive transformation in Oxygen 22.

If I create a DITA file that is exactly as shown in the DITA Oasis Specification on chunking (from https://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/o ... nking.html)...so:

<dita xml:lang="en-us">
<topic id="X">
<title>Topic X</title><body><p>content</p></body>
</topic>
<topic id="Y">
<title>Topic Y</title><body><p>content</p></body>
<topic id="Y1">
<title>Topic Y1</title><body><p>content</p></body>
<topic id="Y1a">
<title>Topic Y1a</title><body><p>content</p></body>
</topic>
</topic>
<topic id="Y2">
<title>Topic Y2</title><body><p>content</p></body>
</topic>
</topic>
<topic id="Z">
<title>Topic Z</title><body><p>content</p></body>
<topic id="Z1">
<title>Topic Z1</title><body><p>content</p></body>
</topic>
</topic>
</dita>

And then in my DITAMAP, I started with exactly the code from step 4 on that same specification page, and then added another topic to the sequence, so:

<map>
<topicref href="ditabase.dita#Y" copy-to="Y.dita" chunk="to-content select-topic">
<topicref href="ditabase.dita#Y1" copy-to="Y1.dita" chunk="to-content select-branch"/>
<topicref href="ditabase.dita#Y2" copy-to="Y2.dita" chunk="to-content select-topic"/>
</topicref>
<topicref href="ditabase.dita#Z" copy-to="Z.dita" chunk="to-content select-branch"/>
</map>

The transformation sets the webhelp.default.collection.type.sequence to "yes", webhelp.publication.hide.chunked.topics to "no, and webhelp.publication.toc.links to "all". It creates the html files as expected, but the Y1 and Y2 files are not included as part of the browsing sequence...Previous and Next go only between Y.html and Z.html.

If I take out the @chunk attribute on the <topicref> line for ditabase.dita#Y, then the sequencing works as expected, but, of course, I don't want the whole ditabase.dita file in Y.html, just the select-topic chunk.

I don't understand why this isn't working. What am I doing wrong?
cosmin_andrei

Re: Sequencing chunked content in webhelp responsive output

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi CathyW,

We've managed to reproduce the problem on our side and we have logged it to our issue tracking tool. This will be further analyzed by our development team.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support