Adding Xref to a map in topic

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
akheiljain

Adding Xref to a map in topic

Post by akheiljain »

out of the box adding a link to a map to a topic in Oxygen Author, I get a href attribute with filename#GUID, and similarly in SDL (CMS) we get GUID#GUID which doesn't resolve to a title. If the href is manually updated after the xref is inserted to just a single GUID, it resolves to title and works as expected. So my question is how can I update the href on a xref with type="map" from GUID#GUID to GUID when inserted by user.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Radu

Re: Adding Xref to a map in topic

Post by Radu »

Hi,

As far as I know with an Oxygen installation and its bundled publishing engine, links from topics to maps do not resolve, DITA topics can have xrefs to other DITA topics.
Are you implying that when you are using Oxygen with SDL (and publish using SDL's publishing facilities) links from topics to DITA Maps are resolved in the published output?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
akheiljain

Post by akheiljain »

Hi Radu,
Thank you for your response, we are publishing to PDF and yes the title of the xref resolved for topics and also for maps, if the href value is a single GUID instead of GUID#GUID. This is also true while editing in Oxygen and preview in SDL Tridion Docs 13.2 (Publication Manager). Please advice on how we can update the href value in xref tags to have a single GUID when type is set to map or format is set to ditamap.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

From what I tested with Oxygen 22.1 our "Cross Reference" toolbar action does not allow you to insert a reference from a topic to a map.
Can you maybe contact us via email (support@oxygenxml.com) and give me some screenshots from your side showing how you insert the reference? It's possible that SDL added their own dialogs for link insertion in which case you might want to address this question to them. Also please specify in the email the Oxygen version you are using.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com