oXygen deletes framework files

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jjarosch

oXygen deletes framework files

Post by jjarosch »

Hi!

This looks similar to this old issue: topic13002.html
But it’s a bit different.

The steps with which I was able to reproduce the issue:

Options > Preferences > Document Type Association > Locations:
— select the field “Custom” and set it to ${pdu}
— add “Additional frameworks directory” ${pd}/../
— “Apply”
— delete “Additional frameworks directory” ${pd}/../
— “Apply”

After this, some .framework-files from active frameworks were deleted from the OS. In my case, some files were unaffected – maybe because they weren’t active? On my colleagues’ computer, all framework-files were deleted.

I reproduced this in Oxygen Author 20.1 in Ubuntu 18.04; my colleague first found this in Oxygen Editor 19.1 in Windows 10.

Many thanks for any feedback!

Best wishes,
Julian
Radu

Re: oXygen deletes framework files

Post by Radu »

Hi Julian,

I managed to reproduce the problem on my side by placing a ".framework" file directly inside the project folder (the folder where the project.xpr is located) and following the steps. We'll look into fixing this.
By looking at the steps you posted, I do not understand your usecase.
Could you give me more information about the structure of your project folder? Does it contain sub folders, each sub-folder containing a ".framework" configuration file? Why add both the "${pdu}" as a frameworks folder and the "${pd}/../" as an additional frameworks folder? Do you have frameworks both inside the project folder and outside of it?

At first glance, related to what you are doing:

Do not change the default frameworks folder from Default to Custom. This will also leave the frameworks which come bundled with Oxygen in place.
Just add the new frameworks folders to the list of additional frameworks folders.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jjarosch

Post by jjarosch »

Hi Radu!

Thanks for the confirmation!
By looking at the steps you posted, I do not understand your usecase.
Yes, admittedly, this is a relatively unlikely configuration. My colleague came up with the steps, so I can’t say how exactly (or if) they are related to productive use.
However, I offered to post the issue because I myself had experienced the loss of .framework files on an end users’ computer before – unfortunately, without being able to reproduce under which circumstances this happened.
Could you give me more information about the structure of your project folder?
The structure in my case is:
–folderA
—base.framework
–folderB
—extension_of_base.framework
—project.xpr
(Both folders are Add-Ons.)
With this structure, some action (which I was not able to track down) led to the deletion of base.framework, while project.xpr was in use. There were no settings for Document Type Association > Locations in the project.xpr, so they should have been at the default for Author 19.1.
Do not change the default frameworks folder from Default to Custom. This will also leave the frameworks which come bundled with Oxygen in place.
Just add the new frameworks folders to the list of additional frameworks folders.
Yes, that’s how I do it on my computer, and there were no problems with that.

Thanks and best wishes,
Julian
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the details, we'll try to find some time on our side to look more into this and avoid the framework files getting deleted in this case.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi Julian,

Just wanted to let you know that oXygen 22 was released yesterday and it contains a fix for the issue you reported. The files should not be deleted anymore.

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
jjarosch

Post by jjarosch »

Thank you very much for taking this in consideration, and letting me know about the fix! We will probably upgrade to 23 early next year.

Best wishes,
Julian Jarosch