Oxygen XML Editor -> webhelp persistently using the map that I don't want to use

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
weiwu

Oxygen XML Editor -> webhelp persistently using the map that I don't want to use

Post by weiwu »

Hi just signed up for the trial.

I have 3 .ditamap files in my project.

If I create output webhelp using the Configure Transformation Scenarios (the icon that has a wrench with a play button) and choose webhelp-responsive:

A new site is created and opened with my default browser, and it always uses Documents.ditamap, not Web.ditamap which is the one I want to use.

This is true even if I closed Documents.ditamap and leave the only file open to be Web.ditamap.

Furthermore, I checked the configuration options for webhelp-responsive, and there isn't an option to specify which .ditamap file to use.

This is confusing and I'm stuck for 1 hour here. The option to choose which .ditamap file to use must, intuitively, the only obvious question a user would expect the system to ask!
weiwu

Re: Oxygen XML Editor -> webhelp persistently using the map that I don't want to use

Post by weiwu »

I did an experiment, swapping the content of Documents.ditamap and Web.ditamap.

i.e. I renamed Documents.ditamap to Web.ditamap and Web.ditamap to Documents.ditamap

My logic is: if Oxygen insists on using Documents.ditamap, I can get the desirable result by putting the content of Web.ditamap in it.

To my total surprise, the generated html5 content still uses same content, that is, the content now in Web.ditamap.

Now I'm in completely awe and can't proceed any further with my experiments with using Oxygen.
cosmin_andrei

Re: Oxygen XML Editor -> webhelp persistently using the map that I don't want to use

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

Do you have any customization? If you do, please try again by running the default DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario (without any customization).

If the issue reoccurs, please try installing and using a clean installation of the latest version (v22) and run the predefined DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario without any other change or customization and see if you still encounter the issue.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support