Formatting xsd:documentation blocks

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
nick

Formatting xsd:documentation blocks

Post by nick »

Is it possible to include "formatting directives" (either directly HTML <br/>, <b>, <u>, <ul>, <li>, ..., or wiki-like **, __, ~~, ...) in the body of an xsd:documentation block so the generated documentation is not as... hum... blend?
Thx.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Do you mean directives for attributes of text on the Documentation line of the HTML documentation generated by the Schema Documentation tool ? Or attributes of text displayed in the documentation window for the current item of the content completion list (displayed automatically when you press '<' to insert an element or ' ' to insert an attribute at cursor position) ?

Regards,
Sorin
nick

Post by nick »

Hi, I mean on the generated HTML documentation.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Currently that is not possible. We will study the possibility of allowing text attribute tags inside xsd:documentation elements. I added an enhancment request on our internal bugzilla.

Thank you,
Sorin
tahlers

Post by tahlers »

Hi,

Just a suggestion:

I would be happy if the generated documentation td would have a class-Attribute.
Then it would be possible to write a css with a whitespace pre and a monospaced font only for the documentation cell.

Greets,
Tobias
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I think the class attribute is not necessary. You can set a CSS stylesheet using the CSS field of the Schema Documentation dialog which sets table properties. If you don't specify a CSS stylesheet a default one will be used which you can see at the beginning of the result HTML file. For example it sets many table properties (a table th class, a table td class, a table.hierarchy one, a table.hierarchy th one, a table.hierarchy td one, etc).

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

tahlers wrote:I would be happy if the generated documentation td would have a class-Attribute.
Then it would be possible to write a css with a whitespace pre and a monospaced font only for the documentation cell.
For setting properties only for the Documentation cell of the HTML table you need the class attribute on that td element. I added an enhancement request for this on our bugzilla.

Thank you,
Sorin