Steps to work with SDL Tridion Docs Connector to Oxygen

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

Steps to work with SDL Tridion Docs Connector to Oxygen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi,
I am new to working with the SDL Tridion Docs connector to Oxygen XML Editor and am unsure of the high-level steps that I need to undertake in order to get SDL Tridion DITA files working (more seamlessly) inside Oxygen.
I would like to be able to edit such files and test transforms locally within Oxygen but struggling with unrecognizable custom attributes such as @cid.
Can you advise the high level steps (framework, catalog etc.) that I need to explore in order to do this configuration?
Any advice appreciated,
Regards,
Ann
Radu

Re: Steps to work with SDL Tridion Docs Connector to Oxygen

Post by Radu »

Hi Ann,

From what I knew about the SDL Oxygen connector (but you can also ask on their side) is that they have an installation procedure which adds the extra plugin to Oxygen but they also add a DITA framework extension.
So if the SDL connector is properly installed, in the Oxygen Preferences->"Document Type associations" page you will have two new frameworks at the beginning of the list which contain "SDL" in their name. Something like "DITA SDL extension". Do you have those frameworks present on your side?
About publishing, the DITA Open Toolkit will indeed consider invalid by default DITA content which does not adhere to the DITA standard. Does SDL maybe ship a custom DITA OT plugin to add extra specialization DTDs?
Otherwise, in the transformation scenario in the Parameters list there is a "validate" parameter. Turning it off might make the publishing engine more lenient.
Or you could try exporting the content from SDL to a local folder, maybe on export they remove some of their not-DITA valid attributes.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Radu,
So yes, those 2 new frameworks do exist, visible via Document Type Association menu option. Both are extensions of original DITA frameworks.
I don't have a custom DITA-OT plugin for publishing but can probably source that from a colleague.
I notice that the framework folders do not contain sub-folders for schemas or publishing or templates. Also there is no catalog file. Can you advise the impact of not having these files and folders?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ann,

I'm sorry but I do not know much about these framework extensions, you should follow the steps SDL gives for installing their connector. If you still have problems you should try to ask somebody from the SDL side or if you have colleagues for whom the validation works, try to see what steps they did extra to make it work.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com