Add Preview XHTML button to Oxygen toolbar

Oxygen general issues.
AngelaSimonelli

Add Preview XHTML button to Oxygen toolbar

Post by AngelaSimonelli »

In my previous Oxygen installation, I had a Preview XHTML button on the toolbar that enabled me to transform whatever DITA topic I had open to XHTML. An XHTML preview of the topic would pop open in a browser. This was very convenient to easily preview structure and layout of a draft topic.

In my current Oxygen installation, I don't see this button, nor can I seem to find the option to add it. Can someone tell me how to do so?

I didn't have to configure this button/feature to pull the source from a specific input folder (like you would with a Transformation Scenario.) And, Transformation Scenarios are currently causing me some grief because the source files are in SDL Tridion CCMS repo rather than locally stored. I would like to use the Preview XHTML button instead of a Transformation Scenario so that I can preview whatever DITA file I currently have open in Oxygen and look at it in a browser with one simple click.

Thanks in advance!
Angela
Radu

Re: Add Preview XHTML button to Oxygen toolbar

Post by Radu »

Dear Angela,

A standard installation of Oxygen does not come with such a button mounted on the toolbar. This is true also for older Oxygen versions. If you had such a button it was added either by a plugin (maybe the SDL plugin added it) or by a framework customization. Maybe you can ask on the SDL side if they add that toolbar button and why it is not there anymore.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com