fop grid whith merge cell

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
giugio

fop grid whith merge cell

Post by giugio »

Hy.
There is a method for merge cell in a fop table(a grid of 16x16 cell) and create more complex layout from xsl?
es: the cell at 1,1 is merged whith 1,2 and the result is a first cell of double width?
thanks.
giugio

Post by giugio »

in other word the colspan/rowspan of the html in fop.is possible?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Here is an interesting link describing translating from HTML to FO (also describes how row and colspans are translated in FO) :http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/l ... app/#table

Regards,
Radu
giugio

Post by giugio »

i fin that number-rows-spanned and number-columns-spanned work similar to rowspan and colspan.
thanks for your interessement.
giugio

Post by giugio »

Radu wrote:Hi,

Here is an interesting link describing translating from HTML to FO (also describes how row and colspans are translated in FO) :http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/l ... app/#table

Regards,
Radu
sorry,radu you have my destiny in hand;
i have an xml wirh 24 rows of product whith or not the colspan or rowspan attribute and whith the image's url,I must create a matrix of 6 x 4 image's cell in fop whith colspan and rowspan but i dont understand alot in the article can you give me a hand?
ex:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<prodotto colspan="2" rowspan="2" img="123.jpg" progressivo="1" prog_pagina="1" id_meccanica="1" </prodotto>
<prodotto colspan="0" rowspan="0" img="124.jpg" progressivo="1" prog_pagina="1" id_meccanica="1" </prodotto>
<prodotto colspan="0" rowspan="0" img="125.jpg" progressivo="1" prog_pagina="1" id_meccanica="1" </prodotto>
<prodotto colspan="0" rowspan="0" img="126.jpg" progressivo="1" prog_pagina="1" id_meccanica="1" </prodotto>
ecc...

Thancks
giugio

Post by giugio »

the attribute number-columns-spanned work only if the cells in the table are right es
:if
table of 3 x2
<cell><cell><cell colspan=4>
<cell><cell><cell>

make a mistake becose the colspan is over the matrix.