Topic referenced as "resource only" warnings

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Carl

Topic referenced as "resource only" warnings

Post by Carl »

When I validate my project, I see a slew of informational warnings like this:
"Topic <name> is referenced in the DITA map as "resource-only". Any cross reference to it will result in a broken link"
I found a response back in 2017 that seems to address this: topic14262.html

In particular, this statement:
issued by Oxygen when you have an xref with an href pointing to "operator_conrefs.dita" or to a subelement inside it. As the "operator_conrefs.dita" is read-only and does not appear for example in the PDF output, all links to it would be broken
My situation matches almost exactly: I have an xref with an href pointing to a dita topic. But my dita topic is not read only. The <name> topic appears in the PDF output.

I compiled my PDF and tested out the links. The originating topic in question had several links flagged with this message. The weird thing is, one link is indeed disabled and does not work, while the other one works fine!
Radu

Re: Topic referenced as "resource only" warnings

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

In order to get to the bottom of this I need an example, a small DITA project exhibiting the problem. If you can send it to "support@oxygenxml.com" I can try to add some logging on our side and see why we report this particular problem.
The problem should usually reported when the target topic is either not referenced at all in the DITA Map or referenced only with a keydef or with a topicref having the processing-role="resource-only" attribute set on it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Re: Topic referenced as "resource only" warnings

Post by Carl »

Radu, I was not able to reproduce this error on a small sample project. I'll ignore it for now, as the impact is very minimal.