Allow "stop" characters to be configured for double-clicking to select a phrase

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
chrispitude

Allow "stop" characters to be configured for double-clicking to select a phrase

Post by chrispitude »

When I double-click in the Oxygen editor, it selects a phrase for me. Currently, this phrase selection stops at underscores. However, I would like it to select through underscores, as almost all the labels we wrap in <codeph> in our documentation have underscores in the names.

It would be very useful to configure what character classes to *include* in phase selection, such as

[a-z][A-Z][0-9]_

or similar.
Radu

Re: Allow "stop" characters to be configured for double-clicking to select a phrase

Post by Radu »

Hi Chris,

I added an internal issue with ID EXM-45612 to consider this. As this enhancement has not been asked before I'm not sure of a timeline in which it will get done. I think such a behavior could also be implemented with a plugin though. We have API to register mouse listeners.
Why do you usually select the label from inside the codeph? Do you do that to copy it somewhere else? Do you want to copy only the label or the entire codeph?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
chrispitude

Re: Allow "stop" characters to be configured for double-clicking to select a phrase

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the reply and thought. It's more that we select the label text to wrap it in <codeph> (or another) tag. Or we might want to copy/paste the label into another window to search internal documentation or paste it into a terminal window. From a broad perspective, underscores are simply a part of content names we work with on a daily basis.

For instance, we might type

Code: Select all

Use the -dont_check_temporary_cells option of the check_design_legality command to ignore these cells during the check.
and now we want to wrap both -dont_check_temporary_cells and check_design_legality in <codeph>. (As I type this, I realize that having control over whether hyphens stop the selection or not is also useful!)