How to copy resource files to DocBook WebHelp Classic output?

rmcilvride

How to copy resource files to DocBook WebHelp Classic output?

Post by rmcilvride »

Dear friends,

The Oxygen XML Editor 22.0 Help includes this topic:
How to Copy Additional Resources to Output Directory

You can copy additional resources (such as JavaScript, CSS or other resources) to the output directory of a WebHelp system by using the webhelp.custom.resources parameter. ...
I would like to use that for my DocBook output, but do not find a "webhelp.custom.resources" parameter in the DocBook WebHelp Classic transformation scenario. Is there any alternative approach? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Bob
Costin

Re: How to copy resource files to DocBook WebHelp Classic output?

Post by Costin »

Hi Bob,

Actually, the "webhel.custom.resources" parameter is available by default also for the DocBook WebHelp Classic transformation scenario as well, like you can see in the screenshot below (I double checked on the latest version 22.0 of oXygen XML Editor).

In case you can not find it in the Parameters tab of the scenario configuration dialog, then you should make sure that you did not tinker with the predefined document type associations (frameworks) that come predefined in oXygen.
To make sure that you are using all the predefined frameworks, I suggest you should install a fresh copy of oXygen in a separate location and retry finding the parameter in the Docbook WevHelp Classic scenario from that fresh installation.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
rmcilvride

Re: How to copy resource files to DocBook WebHelp Classic output?

Post by rmcilvride »

Hi Costin,

This is prefect. Thank you. I see now what happened. I have been using a custom copy of the DocBook WebHelp Classic transformation scenario for a number of years, and had not been updating it with new versions of Qxygen. I'll have to start doing that each year. I appreciate your help with this.

Best wishes,

Bob