Text that should have been hidden by "props" still showing

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Carl

Text that should have been hidden by "props" still showing

Post by Carl »

In my project, I've defined several props, including one called "PDF Hide", which shows as props="pdf-hide" in the code. In my PDF transformation, I have set the filter to "Exclude from output all elements with":
  • props = pdf-hide
  • props = PDF Hide
At work on my Linux machine, the props filtering is working properly. But I just discovered that on my Mac installation at home, the PDF that is produced still show all the material that should have been excluded by my props.

Why isn't it filtering correctly?
Radu

Re: Text that should have been hidden by "props" still showing

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

There should be no such difference in the publishing behavior if the transformation scenarios are similarly configured. Is the same Oxygen version used on both Linux and Mac distributions? Is the same DITA Open Toolkit version used on both?
Can you double check the "Filters" tab in the transformation scenarios used on Linux and Mac, see that the same values have been configured there?
You mentioned this:
props = PDF Hide
The filter is done with simple profiling attribute value tokens, you seem to be using a space between "PDF" and "Hide" there.
What is the exact value of the "props" attribute in the DITA content? How are you filtering it in the transformation scenario? And what is the intended result?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Very strange--I tried it again just now and I cannot reproduce the problem. The marked content is being hidden.

Perhaps it was a random glitch in my system? My Mac and Oxygen have been experiencing random freezes lately.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

I'm not sure about the filter problem you originally experienced.
About the freezing, one thing which happens sometimes to me when working on Mac is that the keyboard focus no longer works in Oxygen. In such cases I use CMD-TAB to switch to another application and then back, then the focus works again. This is not something we control. Is this similar to the freezes you experiment? If not, can you give me more details?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Hi Radu.

Yes--I am often frustrated by the fact that my keyboard shortcuts stop working in Oxygen. For example, CMD-X, CMD-V, etc. stops working for cut and paste. I will try your CMD-Tab trick to see if that helps.

I have experienced issues where OxygenXML will just "freeze" for about 10 seconds and then come back. Sometimes my other apps (like Chrome) also freezes. I think this is an overall issue with my Mac though.

I just tried the PDF hide condition again and it is still working. Weird.

Thx.
Carl