marking a word with a keyboard shortcut

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
muewi

marking a word with a keyboard shortcut

Post by muewi »

Hi,

I need to be able to mark words very quickly with the keyboard. Something comparable to the double-click with the mouse on a word. That would speed up my work a lot. How can I get that?

Regards,
Frank
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

The last surround with tag is used to create dinamically an action that can be triggered with

CTRL+/

So for instance if you select some text and mark that with a surround with action then you select some other text and with CTRL+Slash you repeat the preceding surround with action.

Best Regards,
George
muewi

Post by muewi »

Thanks for the answer.
I'm afraid that doesn't solve my problem yet. Maybe my English wasn't so clear.
What I mean is that the cursor is somewhere in a word that is delimited with space left and right. I just want this word to be selected for surround actions like the one you mentioned without using the mouse or going to the beginning of the word and then pressing ctrl-shift-CursorRight. When I double-click a word with the mouse, it gets selected. I need the same for the keyboard. The same like pressing 'f8' twice in word.

Best regards and thanks,
Frank
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Frank,

A keyboard shortcut for the Select word action available on double click is not available yet. I logged it to our bugzilla and it will be implemented in a future version. So it is a feature request now :)

Regards,
Sorin