How to use PlantUML Oxgyen plugin with an Eclipse client version of oxygenxml?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
awrlv

How to use PlantUML Oxgyen plugin with an Eclipse client version of oxygenxml?

Post by awrlv »

Hello....we run Oxygen Author 21.1 in an Eclipse framework (along with a DITA CMS plugin) and it's unclear to us how to also use the PlantUML Oxygen plugin? We'd like to be able to edit PlantUML content in the Author visual editing mode if possible. Any info would be appreciated....thanks!
Radu

Re: How to use PlantUML Oxgyen plugin with an Eclipse client version of oxygenxml?

Post by Radu »

Hi,

The embedding of plantuml diagrams in the Author mode has two aspects:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/embed ... ntuml.html

1) A DITA Open Toolkit publishing plugin which automatically converts the diagram to SVG in the output HTML and PDF output. This plugin would need to be installed in the DITA Open Toolkit publishing engine you are using, probably on the Ixiasoft server side in your case.
2) A plugin for the Oxygen standalone version which renders the UML text as a diagram in the Author editing mode. This plugin only works for the standalone Oxygen but using the API we have on the Eclipse plugin I think I can also create for you an Eclipse plugin which renders the diagram in the Author mode.

So if you can complete (1), the installation of the DITA OT plugin and make it work for publishing, afterwards I can try to do (2) and also create an Eclipse plugin for rendering the plantuml text in the Author mode as a diagram.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
awrlv

Re: How to use PlantUML Oxgyen plugin with an Eclipse client version of oxygenxml?

Post by awrlv »

Thanks, Radu, and sorry for the late reply. We will try this and let you know.