Content completion not working with IDs

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
david_himself

Content completion not working with IDs

Post by david_himself »

Hi. I have oXygen 21.1. When editing a TEI/XML file, content completion works fine for almost everything specified in our Relax NG schema when schema is associated with the file, except that when inserting a <note>, the attribute @hand does not prompt me for available xml:ids declared in the header. Nor does it if no schema is associated. For others in my editing team, prompting of available xml:ids works fine, whether or not our schema is associated with the file. They're also on vsn 21.1. I've compared Preferences with them and tried (I think) every likely setting that might explain why my oXygen is out of step. Can you point to a setting in Preferences or somewhere else which might explain it? Thanks.
david_himself

Re: Content completion not working with IDs

Post by david_himself »

I now suspect an XPR file, as removing that from my XMLs folder solved the immediate problem. I wasn't sure which line(s) in the XPR had blocked that kind of content completion, so clues would still be welcome. Thanks.
alex_jitianu

Re: Content completion not working with IDs

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay in answering this, but I'm glad that you found the culprit. Considering the fact that it started working after reoving a project file, I think that you probably had some options saved at project level. In this case I think the option Check ID/IDREF option was disabled. If this option is disabled, IDs are no longer collected so they are not offered on content completion. A bit of a hidden side effect, I would say... I'll see how we can improve the docs on this.

Best regards,
Alex