other transformation problems

Oxygen general issues.
csb

other transformation problems

Post by csb »

Hello Team, I have a problem with PDF transformations.
So the validation does not show any problems, also when I do the transformation with PDF scenarios, it also goes well - or at least oXygen says the transformation was successful. However, my results instead of one PDF file were:
  • dita.xml.properties (the file's type was *.properties, and it was in the folder where my pdf supposed to be)
  • dita.list (the file's type was *.list, and it was in the folder where my pdf supposed to be)
  • Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS (it's an empty file, and it is in the previous library item compared to where my pdf supposed to be)
Note: this was when I tried the transformation for the whole project map
This problem is not present when I try to do the transformation with smaller maps (not project maps).
I tried to change the maxJavaMemory parameter, but that doesn't seem to help. (Maybe it wasn't the problem in the first place.)

I only have this problem since I use VPN to connect to SVN Client. I don't know if there's any correlation.

Please, please, please, kindly help me to find the problem and the solution.

Best Regards,
Anna
Radu

Re: other transformation problems

Post by Radu »

Hi Anna,

Do you run a single PDF transformation scenario at a time or multiple sequential PDF transformation scenarios? Because if you run sequential transformation scenarios and each transformation scenario has the same output folder configured, maybe one transformation scenario is overwriting the result from a previous one.
I'm not sure exactly what's going on. In the Oxygen Preferences->"DITA / Logging" page you can switch the radio "Show Console Output->Always", then save the settings and run the publishing again on the project DITA Map.
After publishing there should be a "DITA OT" console view at the bottom of Oxygen. Near the end of that view there should be a logging message from the PDF processor telling you where the PDF was saved, something like:

Code: Select all

[fop] /Users/raducoravu/Documents/workspace/samples/dita/flowers/temp/pdf/topic.fo -> /Users/raducoravu/Documents/workspace/samples/dita/flowers/out/pdf/flowers.pdf
Does the console view tell you on your side where the PDF file is saved? Do you afterwards find the PDF in the place where it tells you to?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
csb

Post by csb »

Hello Radu,
I only run one PDF transformation scenario at a time. I'm aware of the problems with multiple sequential PDF transformation scenarios, so I try to avoid that.

The above mentioned *.list and *.properties files are at the same place where the PDF should be, so my theory was instead of the PDF, I got these files.
However, I asked someone who theoretically had the same circumstances during the transformation, then I compared our DITA OT panel info.

I did not found the exact logging message, but I found this:

publish.map.pdf:
     [echo] current target:publish.map.pdf
     [echo] The path to the output PDF file: C:\Users\acsaszar\Dokumentumok\dita\out\maps\maps_kezikonyv/Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
     [echo] /*the file's name was here*/

Theirs looked like this

publish.map.pdf:
     [echo] current target:publish.map.pdf
     [echo] The path to the output PDF file: C:\Users\ltorok\Dokumentumok\dita\out\maps\maps_kezikonyv/*the file's name was here*
Then I found in my DITA-OT a warning which might be relevant

[java] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
     [java] márc. 23, 2020 10:11:32 DE java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
     [java] WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
     [java] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Anyway, this Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true line keeps popping up five times in the DITA OT, that's the only difference between my transformation and theirs, except they ended up with a PDF file, too.

I think it's pretty obvious, but I'm not using oXygen for a long time so I'm not too familiar with it yet. Can it be the root of the problem? What can I do with that?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Can you select the entire contents of the DITA OT console view, copy them to a file and then send that file via email to us (support@oxygenxml.com)?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
csb

Post by csb »

Hello!

Thank you for your help.
I found a way to fix my problem, so this topic can be closed.