Mac OS X Catalina and oXygen 22 won't launch

Oxygen general issues.
wbrisett

Mac OS X Catalina and oXygen 22 won't launch

Post by wbrisett »

Not exactly sure why this is happening, but if I double-click on oXygen Editor, I can briefly see it and then it goes away, If I cheat and go into the application and find JavaApplicationStub (/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub) then double-click JavaApplicationStub, it launches. The Dock shows the oXygen icon, but if you hover over it says 'JavaApplicationStub'. Any ideas on what's going on here?
adrian

Re: Mac OS X Catalina and oXygen 22 won't launch

Post by adrian »

Hello,

When you installed v22, did you first remove the previous version, or did you install on top of an existing version? If the folder already existed, you should Replace it when updating to the new version, you should never Merge it. Merge makes a mess of the application up to the point that it won't even start.

If it is a clean install and still wouldn't start, see the troubleshooting tip from the download page:
If Oxygen fails to start on macOS Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14), High Sierra (10.13) or Sierra (10.12), you should clear the quarantine flag from its folder by running this command in a Terminal (you will be prompted to enter your password due to sudo):
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor"
Normally you shouldn't have to do this, but if Gatekeeper insists on quarantining the app, this is the simplest way.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
wbrisett

Re: Mac OS X Catalina and oXygen 22 won't launch

Post by wbrisett »

It was indeed a quarantine issue. Ughhh...

Thanks!