Responsive Webhelp: add custom XML file to output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
pieterjan_vdw

Responsive Webhelp: add custom XML file to output

Post by pieterjan_vdw »

I would like to publish a webhelp responsive with a custom XML file added to the output folder (same folder als index.html)
In this custom XML file I need to add some extra release info that the software can read when importing into the system.
This is a simple XML file and needs to be updated with each release (so it's difficult to add it to the webhelp.custom.resources parameter).
Is there a way I can add it to my bookmap / ditamap and to have it copied to the output without being published as HTML?

Structure DITA
  • BOOKMAP
    • TOPIC1.DITA
    • TOPIC2.DITA
    • RELEASE_INFO.XML
Structure output folder:
  • INDEX.HTML
  • TOPIC1.HTML
  • TOPIC2.HTML
  • RELEASE_INFO.XML
Costin

Re: Responsive Webhelp: add custom XML file to output

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Note that there is a dedicated scenario parameter that can be used for this purpose.
In the transformation scenario configuration dialog, under the Parameters tab, look for "webhelp.custom.resources". You could use that parameter to set the path of a folder containing any custom resources (files) that you want to be copied in the root of the output folder.

You could place the .xml file/s in a dedicated folder, then point to that folder, using the parameter.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support