Unnecessary blank page before front page

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
anna_craneo

Unnecessary blank page before front page

Post by anna_craneo »

Hello,

I'm using DITA Map PDF - WYSIWYG - deep numbering transformation scenario.
And every time a blank page is generated before my front page.

Here are the styles for my front page:

Code: Select all

*[class ~= "front-page"] {
    page: front-page;
    page-break-before: avoid;
    page-break-inside: avoid;
    page-break-after: avoid;
}
*[class ~= "front-page/front-page"] {
    page: front-page;
    page-break-inside: avoid;
    page-break-after: avoid;
}

*[class ~= "front-page/front-page-title"] {
    font-size: 36pt;
    color: #5184b0;
    font-weight: 300 !important;
    text-transform: none;
    text-align: left;
}

front-page-title:after(1) {

content: "February, 2020";
    margin-top: 40px;
    color: #4c4545;
    font-weight: lighter;
    text-decoration: none;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    font-size: 11pt;
    font-family: "Open Sans";
    font-style: normal;
    text-transform: none;
    display: block;

}
I have browsed documentation and found this: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... aid-title7
But I do not use this setting.

Also, the blank page is generated if I enable the hide.frontpage.toc.index.glossary option. Meaning, it's always generated if I generate PDF. How can I eliminate this? It breaks page numbering and TOC.
Costin

Re: Unnecessary blank page before front page

Post by Costin »

Hello,

I tested, using the latest version of oXygen (21.1) available from our website, your CSS rules and the PDF (CSS Formatter - Deprecated) scenario, with the "hide.frontpage.toc.index.glossary" parameter set to "yes", but could not reproduce the issue. There is no blank page added.

Let us know:
- which specific version and maintenance build of oXygen are you using (you could find this information in the oXygen's menu Help > About)
- what transformation scenario

If you are using an older maintenance build of the latest version that your license entitles you to use, please try downloading the latest maintenance build for that version from our website, install it, then retry the transformation, see if the issue is persists.
If the issue still occur, even on the latest maintenance build, you should inspect and debug your customization CSS, to see if there isn't any other rule that triggers the generation of the blank page.
If you still won't manage to identify the issue, you could also send us the entire customization .css file that you are using, together with the version/build and scenario information requested above and we could try to see if we could reproduce the issue.

Last but not least, note that, as long as you don't have a specific reason for using the WYSIWYG scenario, which is deprecated, it is recommended to use the HTML5 and CSS based scenario instead.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
anna_craneo

Re: Unnecessary blank page before front page

Post by anna_craneo »

Hello,

Thank you for a quick response. My Oxygen XML version was up to date, though PDF Chemistry was behind. Updating is helped :)